quinta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2010

New Year Resolutions...

When december arrives it is the time for me to start checking the year's performance, self analyzing how much we have accomplished, and what I'll be doing next. At least, that's what I keep doing these past years... It's time then for the new year resolutions...


Looking back, it's amazing how much one can take until reaching a breakpoint... As time passes and the years (25 of them now) come I keep on building this sense of resilience towards life challenges. Some might call it "experience", some "naiveness", but the true thing is that challenge in, challenge out, I fell more and more confident that the solid base my parents and my life experiences built in me are finally paying off some dividends.


2010 has been a thoughtfull year...


I earned the right to dream something that never came through. I moved together with the girl of my life. I helped my family when they most needed me. I made huge stupid mistakes that will take time to heal. I got promoted. I got married. I finally made new friends. I got back in touch with old ones (not all unfortunately). I probably lost some friends that I never wanted to lose. I had to give up on plans. I learned the importance of being a role model. I got sick. I got lucky. I made someone inspired back again. I helped. I cried. I laughed. Most importantly, I've learned. I lived.


I've learned that:
- There is no bad that won't fade away, nor happiness that remains forever (well said Dad);
- The smallest things are indeed big important things that will grow when you least expect them to;
- Every story told to you must be listened, observed and watched carefully as they carry great messages to be learned and used when the time comes;
- Everything matters;
- Communication is key, and it is one of those things to always be improving;
- It's ok to laugh at yourself, or in my case, laugh at myself;
- Admit you have limits and work them through to expand them out.


To sum up, life is indeed great if you stick to its positive side. That's what keeps the drive solid. Inspire and let be inspired. And well... As for the resolutions, I have a pretty good glimpse of what they should be, and I hope you find yours too, deep in your thoughts. 


The bottom line on my side is plain and simple:
To go through more and more different life experiences building so the story book for this life.